Tuesday, May 11, 2010

We all play parts of tomorrow...

Time to get a bit introspective. Today's campaign blog is brought to you by CHANGE (hence the lyrics in the title for those who missed it - bonus points to those that can name the song!)

Admittedly, I abhor certain changes. I'm routine driven and, while adaptable and flexible when I need to be, I like the constants in my life. My coffee order at Starbucks, the glass of water before bed that MUST be in the same glass, or how I won't likely deviate from using the default style sheet on TB because it's what I'm used to.

I've nestled down and accepted my own idiosyncrasies as just part of who I am. I am long-winded. As mentioned yesterday, I fence sit and try to look at things from all sides. I accept the grey in life and realize most things aren't often just black and white. I can be a bit snippy, but can also turn around and realize I'm wrong and apologize. I'm big on communication and talking things out. I have "groups" that I'm friendly with (choose one of many - April 2008 Moms, Foodies, Foodies-that-take-too-many-pictures-of-food, Moms of older kids, Members Against Triffle and Balling your Eyes Out...) that I will always be close to.

But I've been asked a few times now about how I will change if I become moderator. Some of you may think my changing would be GREAT. I haven't heard from you all. ;)

My response? I don't think I will. I've been part of this group, in all forms, for almost a decade. I've grown from the women (and men) here. I've learned about me - the good and the not-so-flattering. I've learned about how to be a better me. I still think I have a lot to learn about myself as life situations change, but the foundation of me, that has taken a decade to form - I figure it's about done.

So, rest assured those who expressed concern that I'd change my style. It's my style. It doesn't mean I can't continue to learn from the vast experiences of the membership here. A change in job description may alter how often I bite my tongue (although it gets plenty bloody now - MUCH more so than it used to), but it doesn't change who I am. I don't expect people to vote for me based on what they want me to be, but rather, based on who I am right now. Good and not so great.

4 comments:

  1. Don't go changin' to try and please me...I love you just the wayyyyy you arrrrrre......

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are you singing Billy Joel to me, or is that your guess? ;) (p.s. wrong song, but I like the way you think! Hee hee)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nope, not my guess. Just a random outburst of song. :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. And that's why I love you, Biz. Billy Joel and all.

    ReplyDelete